July 8, 2008 Leave a comment
Summer nights are for . . .
- taking turns in the batting cage under the bright white lights
- sitting on the tailgate of the pickup truck, eating ice cream with someone you love
- listening to the diminutive voices at the end of the street chattering, “Hey, batter-batter!”
- swimming a few refreshing laps in the backyard pool
- pausing to hear the distant booming of the fireworks going off at Disneyland
- strolling down Birch Street (if you live in north Orange County, California)
- seeing a movie at a drive-in (if you can find one)
- gathering with close friends round the patio table and talking with hushed voices
- reading what you want, for as long and as late as you want
- observing the physical similarities between pedestrians and their dogs at a busy intersection
- going to the beach, just to see the sunset
- splurging on dessert on the patio of a fancy restaurant
- counting each distinct sound the mocking bird makes as you lie in your bed trying to sleep
What are the best experiences you’ve had during the summer nights of your life? Care to share them in the reply box?