A Poll for Twenty-Somethings and Thirty-Somethings
September 12, 2008 3 Comments
If you’re in your 20s or 30s, I invite you to participate in this poll.
As you think about common characteristics of your generation, indicate which of the following statements you agree with and which you disagree with. Please use the reply box below.
- “My generation is driven by our individual needs and desires, and pursuing our own individual happiness is the most important thing.”
- “My generation thinks it’s more important for children to learn to think for themselves than to learn to respect authority.”
- “Members of generation would say, ‘As long as I believe in myself, I really don’t care what other people think.’”
- “Probably, most of my generation would agree with this statement: ‘It doesn’t really matter if you’re a Communist or not—this is America, and you can be one if you want.’”
- “My generation thinks that if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.”
- “Older generations trusted God, the church, government, and their elders. My generation questions things and people that earlier generations never would have.”
- “In my generation, as opposed to my parents’ or my grandparents’, we’re told to express our feelings and anger and sadness about our surroundings and not to hold them in.”