Doug Interviewed by the Religious News Service about God’s Role in Japan’s Earthquake and Tsunami
March 24, 2011 Leave a comment
Tuesday, March 22, I was interviewed by Nicole Neroulias about God’s role in Japan’s earthquake and tsunami. Neroulias blogs for Beliefnet and writes for Religion News Service. She is a graduate of Cornell University and the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, and she has written for The New York Times and other media.
Our conversation of about 40 minutes focused on a poll just conducted by Public Religion Research Institute in partnership with Religion News Service. The institute and news service polled Americans for beliefs about God’s role in natural disasters. Neroulias recounted the results of the poll for me and asked for my reaction. Today her story went online here. Portions of our interview are summarized near the end of her article.
We discussed far more than could be included in her story. So I may be posting further about this interesting and important topic.
I welcome your reaction to the poll and comments on the article by Neroulias.
Notes & Updates:
- Nicole Neroulias can be followed on twitter here.
- The Religion News Service claims to be “the only secular news and photo service devoted to unbiased coverage of religion and ethics.”
- The poll has also been noticed by CNN here.
- Neroulias has also posted at Beliefnet here.
- The Huffington Post is carrying the story by Neroulias here.